Physical Therapy for Knee & Hip Pain
You are here because you have Hip and Knee Pain when…
You have hip or knee pain when you run or go to the gym
You can’t sleep because of hip or knee pain
You have difficulty going up and down steps because of hip and knee pain
You have difficulty walking because of hip or knee pain
You have difficulty standing up because of hip or knee pain
You have trouble driving , sitting or standing because of hip or knee pain
Discover How to Eliminate Your Hip and Knee Pain
Free consultation with a doctor of physical therapy who specializes in hip & knee pain
Attend a FREE live Hip and Knee Pain elimination workshop
Effective Treatment for Knee & Hip Pain
Prolonged knee and hip pain are two conditions that are commonly thought only to affect older people. While the elderly make up a good portion of the people who suffer from knee or hip pain, they are not only ones. Young adults and even children can experience pain in their knees and hips for a number of reasons, such as sports and occupational injuries.Read More
At Total Performance, we treat patients from all age groups using a combination of state-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge methodologies like aquatic therapy. No matter your background, sport, or occupation, if you have an injury that could benefit from comprehensive treatment, then we are the team for you! Our dedicated therapists can develop custom treatments plans that identify and target the cause of your pain, so that you can feel better faster.
We currently serve those residing in following Bucks and Montgomery County boroughs:
- North Wales
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain can result from a number of causes, ranging from medical conditions to injuries. An injury to your knee can damage the ligaments, tendons, or fluid sacs (bursae) that surround your knees, as well as the bones and cartilage that make up its joints. Depending on the cause of your knee pain, you could experience symptoms such as swelling, stiffness, weakness, and an inability to straighten your knee.
Common knee injuries that can result in prolonged pain include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears which are common in people who play sports such as basketball, soccer, and football.
- Fractures in the bone of the knee can occur in people who have been in a vehicle accident, had a serious fall, or suffer from osteoporosis.
- Meniscus tears can occur when a person suddenly twists their knee while bearing weight on it.
- Patellar tendinitis occurs when one or more tendon in the knee becomes irritated or inflamed and is common in sports such as running, skiing, and cycling.
Common Causes of Hip Pain
Like knee pain, hip pain can be caused by a wide variety of problems including diseases like chronic inflammation in the joints. While there are more than 100 types of arthritis, there are a few that commonly result in hip pains. They include:
- Juvenile idiopathic is a disease common in children under the age of 16. It is known for causing persistent joint pain, swelling, and stiffness in areas of the body such as the hips.
- Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage at the end of bones gradually deteriorates over time. This condition is the most common form, and can cause severe pain in the hip joints.
- Psoriatic can affect the joints on just one side of the body or both. This disease is seen in people who have psoriasis and can cause hip joints to swell, which results in hip pain.
- Rheumatoid is an autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s own tissues.
Why Should I Chose Total Performance?
If you suffer from a knee or hip condition or injury that causes you chronic pain, then you should consider seeing a qualified physical therapist. At Total Performance, our doctors possess years of experience in treating patients who suffer from chronic pain conditions such as knee and hip pains. We don’t believe in cookie-cutter treatment plans. Instead, we develop individualized treatments for each of our patients that address their specific goals and needs.
Those who live in Souderton, Horsham, Hatfield, North Wales, Doylestown, and Chalfont, PA that would like to learn more about how our comprehensive treatment services can help relieve their hip or knee pain can contact us today or call 215-997-9898!
A year and a half ago, I had a very serious car accident. I was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in a helicopter for 15 days. I had about 24 fractures…K.S.
Total Performance PT is the right place for your Physical Therapy. The Team at the Bucks Mont facility in Hatfield is thorough, caring, and professional. This is the fourth time…H.C.
I’ve had muscle knotting issues for twenty plus years that I keep aggravating from poor posture, stomach sleeping, child bearing and physical exercise. Aside from the occasional massage, I did…M.Y.
Was supposed to run Nike Women’s half yesterday and decided to just keep on going… All the way to 26.2! Who does that? Someone with an awesome PT who put…C.C.
How can I explain an event that has changed my life – I cannot. I have achieved something that was unimaginable to me. I have ALL of you to thank…Geneane And Family